Thursday, August 2, 2007

George Michael
Went to George Michael in the Point last night. Not my type of music, but at least I knew most of the songs. The stage was just right for this type of gig, focussing on the main man rather than the band, who were in the shadows on three-tiered scaffolding. I prefer when the band are more involved. No improvising here, there may have been just a backing track.
The audience was close to 70:30 women:men, and I dont think that ratio would have changed much since his 'outing' as the loudest screams were for 'This song is dedicated to the man I love'.
We were standing for the first half of the gig, 30feet back stage left. We went to get new shoes from the car as Gens feet were killing her. When I was gone, she managed to get two prime seating tickets from a couple who were leaving!, so the second half was a lot more comfortable.
We got parking right behind the point car park (3 euro to the parking tout).

No comments: